This information is great and lemons have awesome benefits for health and healthy lifestyles.The more fruits and veggies in our life the better the quality of life!
Lemon is a yellow fruit whose pulp, juice, peel and even its zest can be exclusively used in food further the sour taste of lemon is due to the presence of 5 % to 6% of citric acid in lemon juice. This distinctive taste of lemon juice also makes it one of the important ingredients either when it is used in drinks or even food like cocktails, lemonade and soft drinks.
Lemon juice also can be made into a preservative for certain foods which oxidize and turn brown after they are sliced like apples, bananas and avocados, it is the presence of acids which denatures the enzymes which result in browning and degradation of foods.
This is not the end to the ways in which these lemons can be used, there is also one of the effect methods which is drinking lemon water early in the morning to get flat tummy, here we give you facts which will surely force you to give a try for lemon water in the morning:
• It is not necessary that this will have any effect on the morning coffee cup that has great taste and aroma along with warmth instead taking lemon water will only be suggestible for people who are ready to postpone their cup of coffee for 30 minutes.
• Cancer cells are known to breed in acidic body but even any human body is known to perform better when it has higher alkaline content. Lemon though is famous for being an acidic fruit also is known to be great alkalizing agent when it gets into the human body also lessening the acidic levels. Though there are very few people who know that their body is acidic due to the food being eaten and things to which skin is exposed however this can be beaten by lemon water to lessen pH levels.
• Great source of Vitamins and Minerals: It is known that this yellow fruit is richer source of Vitamin C which is known to be anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and also helps in developing immune system, Vitamin B which is for production of energy, Riboflavin helps in growth, repair and development of tissue along with minerals like calcium, magnesium and phosphorous which help in adding strength to bones and teeth.
• Liver purification: Liver is the main organ which detoxifies, produces protein and bio-chemicals which are known to be responsible for proper body digestion. It has been found that lemon water helps liver to carry out all its responsibilities even more effectively since it increases the number of enzymes which detoxify liver, apart from this lemon is known to be diuretic which helps in increasing the rate at which urination happens which ultimately purifies the body.
• Halts age: Lemon is known to help in erasing the wrinkles also having a better appearance of skin on regular consumption. If the body has too many toxins then the skin does not look healthy which can be fought with lemon water to get clear and glowing skin. Lemon also has citric acid which helps in fighting against acne making this one of the cheapest and most commonly available remedy to treat wrinkles and get glowing skin at the same time.
• Helps in weight loss: Too many toxins and waste products in liver will have effect on the body metabolism which in turn increases body fat. Lemon water is known to help liver in removal of all the waste products also increasing the body fat however lemon has to be supported by proper diet and physical activity.
• Resolves respiratory problems: Lemon water is known to treat any chest infections and stop any smaller coughs, also lemon is known to be best treatment for people suffering from asthma and allergies. Lemon is also known to treat bad breath and any tooth ache along with gingivitis due to the higher rate of citric acid which when taken in increased content will cause harm to tooth enamel.
Here is the process in which homemade lemon water can be prepared for consumption in morning:
- Take a glass full of water either cool or even at room temperature and those suffering with any digestion problems can use hot water.
- Now squeeze juice from half slice of fresh lemon into this glass of water
- Stir this and drink without any sugar.
It is advised to not use bottled lemon water due to increased presence of sulphites which results in allergy among several people.
Health experts have always raved about the health benefits of blueberries, but now, a new University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center study suggests that blueberries may help reduce belly fat and risk factors for heart disease and metabolic syndrome.
Celebrate great health! LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook!
Blueberries are the fruits of a shrub that belong to the heath family, which includes the cranberry and bilberry as well as the azalea, mountain laurel and rhododendron.
Blueberries are the fruits of a shrub that belong to the heath family, which includes the cranberry and bilberry as well as the azalea, mountain laurel and rhododendron.
Blueberries grow in clusters and range in size from that of a small pea to a marble. They are deep in color, ranging from blue to maroon to purple-black, and feature a white-gray waxy “bloom” that covers the surface serving as a protective coat. The skin surrounds a semi-transparent flesh that encases tiny seeds.
According to a study presented at the 2009 Experimental Biology conference in New Orleans, a diet rich in blueberries lowers blood cholesterol levels while improving glucose control and insulin sensitivity, lowering the risk of subsequent heart disease and diabetes.
Just some of the benefits of blueberries include:
They have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit: Blue Berries, being very rich in antioxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial), selenium, zinc, iron (promotes immunity by raising haemoglobin and oxygen concentration in blood) etc. boost up your immune system and prevent infections. Once your immunity is strong, you won’t catch colds, fever, pox and all such nasty viral and bacterial communicable diseases.
They neutralize free radicals which can affect disease and aging in the body: Blue Berries bring you the brightest ray of hope, for they are laden with anti oxidants and rank number 1 in the world of anti oxidants. This is mainly due to presence of Anthocyanin, a pigment responsible for the blue color of the blueberries. The abundance of vitamin-C is also a big factor for this as well.
They aid in reducing belly fat: A new University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center study suggests that blueberries may help reduce belly fat and risk factors for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome. So far, we know that the fruit works on rats, which were the test subjects. A blueberry-enriched powder was mixed into the rats’ diet, which was either low-fat or high-fat rat chow. After 90 days, the rats with the blueberry-enriched diet had less abdominal fat, lower triglycerides, lower cholesterol and improved fasting glucose and insulin sensitivity.
In addition, their health was even better when combined with the low-fat diet. That group had lower body weight, lower total fat mass and reduced liver mass than the rats on the high-fat diet. An enlarged liver is linked to obesity and insulin resistance, a hallmark of diabetes. Although more research is needed to confirm these results in humans, a related study presented at the same conference showed that men with risk factors for heart disease who drank wild blueberry juice for three weeks seemed to experience slight improvements in glucose and insulin control.
They help promote urinary tract health: The building of colonies of certain bacteria like b-coli along the lining of the inner walls of urinary tract is responsible for this infection, resulting in inflammation, burning sensation during in passage of urine and other complications. Here, Blue Berries can be surprisingly beneficial. It has a compound formed of big polymer like heavy molecules which inhibits the growth of such bacteria. It also has some anti biotic properties which adds to this effect. These heavy and big molecules almost wash-off these bacteria along the tract, thereby preventing the infection.
They help preserve vision: Blueberry extract, high in compounds called anthocyanosides, has been found in clinical studies to slow down visual loss. They can prevent or delay all age related ocular problems like macular degeneration, cataract, myopia and hypermetropia, dryness and infections, particularly those pertaining to retina, due to their anti-oxidant properties. Blue Berries contain a special group of anti oxidants called Carotenoids (lutein, zeaxanthin etc.), Flavonoids (like rutin, resveritrol, quercetin etc.), in addition to others such as vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A, selenium, zinc and phosphorus, which are very beneficial and essential for the ocular health. Data reported in a study published in the Archives of Ophthalmology indicates that eating 3 or more servings of fruit per day may lower your risk of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), the primary cause of vision loss in older adults, by 36%, compared to persons who consume less than 1.5 servings of fruit daily.
Brain Health: The anthocyanin, the selenium, the vitamins A, B-complex, C and E, the zinc, sodium, potassium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese etc., among others, can prevent and heal neurotic disorders by preventing degeneration and death of neurons, brain-cells and also by restoring health of the central nervous system. It is hard to believe that these berries can also cure serious problems like Alzheimer’s disease to a great extent. They even heal damaged brain cells and neuron tissues and keep your memory sharp for a long-long time. Researchers found that diets rich in blueberries significantly improved both the learning capacity and motor skills of aging animals, making them mentally equivalent to much younger ones.
They fight heart disease: The high fiber content, those brilliant anti oxidants and the ability to dissolve the ‘bad cholesterol’ make the Blue Berry an ideal dietary supplement to cure many heart diseases. It also strengthens the cardiac muscles. In this study, published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, researchers found that a moderate drink (about 4 ounces) of white wine contained .47 mmol of free radical absorbing antioxidants, red wine provided 2.04 mmol, and a wine made from highbush blueberries delivered 2.42 mmol of these protective plant compounds.
They relieve constipation & aid in healthy digestion: While roughage (fiber) in Blue Berries keep away constipation (Of course, a single piece alone will not do. You need to eat a big handful of them), the vitamins, sodium, copper, fructose and acids improve digestion.
They may prevent/cure certain cancers: Blue Berries can prove to be bliss for the cancer patients, for they contain certain compounds like Pterostilbene (excellent remedy for colon and liver cancer) and Ellagic Acid which, in harmony with Anthocyanin and other anti oxidants like vitamin-C and copper, can do miracles to prevent and cure cancer. Laboratory studies published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry show that phenolic compounds in blueberries can inhibit colon cancer cell proliferation and induce apoptosis (programmed cell death). A significant 34% reduction in ovarian cancer risk was also seen in women with the highest intake of the flavone luteolin (found in citrus).
Other blueberry benefits: They keep you fresh, active, fit, sharp, close to nature and in a good mood, as they are very good antidepressants. You also need not spend a lot on medicines, neither are there any side effects. Remember, the deeper the color of the Blue Berries, the more they are rich in anti oxidants and other medicinal values.
Which blueberries are the BEST blueberries?
Choose blueberries that are firm and have a lively, uniform hue colored with a whitish bloom. Shake the container, noticing whether the berries have the tendency to move freely; if they do not, this may indicate that they are soft and damaged or moldy. Avoid berries that appear dull in color or are soft and watery in texture.
They should be free from moisture since the presence of water will cause the berries to decay. When purchasing frozen berries, shake the bag gently to ensure that the berries move freely and are not clumped together, which may suggest that they have been thawed and refrozen.
New research is showing that eating fish may help you live longer!
A Harvard School of Public Health study found that older people with high levels of omega-3 fatty acids in their blood lived about 2.2 years longer than people without the high levels of omega-3s. They also had 35% percent lower rates of heart disease.
By Dr. Mercola
In the United States, Alzheimer’s disease is currently at epidemic proportions, with 5.4 million Americans—including one in eight people aged 65 and over—living with the disease, according to the Alzheimer’s Association’s 2011 Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures.
By 2050, this is expected to jump to 16 million, and in the next 20 years, it is projected that Alzheimer’s will affect one in four Americans, rivaling the current prevalence of obesity and diabetes.
There is still no known cure for this devastating disease, and very few treatments. Alzheimer’s drugs are often of little to no benefit at all, which underscores the importance of prevention throughout your lifetime.
Research repeatedly suggests the best hope for patients lies in prevention through optimal diet, exercise and staying socially and mentally active. As recently reported by Forbes:
“[A] new study in Science suggested that last year’s ‘breakthrough’ pharmaceutical, bexarotene (Targretin) – a cancer drug that had initially received wide publicity for helping break up the plaques in Alzheimer’s – doesn’t seem to do this very well at all, and can have significant adverse side effects for the patient.
‘Something happened in that initial report – either something technically or otherwise, which we can’t put our hands on at this point in time,” study author Sangram Sisodia told US News & World Report. ‘Something is seriously wrong.’
While memory loss is common among Westerners, it is NOT a “normal” part of aging. Research has shown that even mild “senior moments” are caused by the same brain lesions associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. These cognitive changes are by no means inevitable!
People who experience very little decline in their cognitive function up until their deaths have been found (post-mortem) to be free of brain lesions, showing that it’sentirely possible to prevent the damage from occurring in the first place. At the end of this article, I share my best tips for maintaining healthy brain function well into old age.
In recent years, researchers studying natural compounds have offered new hope. For example, two recent studies suggest that compounds in cinnamon, as well as vitamins B12, B6, and folate may delay the onset and/or slow progression of the disease.
The Promise of Cinnamon and Vitamins in the Fight Against Alzheimer’s Disease
The first study in question, published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease,found that cinnamaldehyde and epicatechin, two compounds found in cinnamon, have an inhibitory effect on the aggregation of a particular protein called tau. Tau plays a large role in the structure and function of neurons.
But while a normal part of cell structures, this protein can begin to accumulate, forming “neurofibrillary tangles” that are a hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease. Both compounds were found to protect tau from oxidative damage that can lead to dysfunction.
Donald Graves, adjunct professor in UCSB’s Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology and co-author of the study explained the protective process to Medical News Today:
“‘Take, for example, sunburn, a form of oxidative damage. If you wore a hat, you could protect your face and head from the oxidation. In a sense this cinnamaldehyde is like a cap. While it can protect the tau protein by binding to its vulnerable cysteine residues, it can also come off,’ Graves added, which can ensure the proper functioning of the protein.”
It’s interesting to note that there’s a high correlation between type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. Some even believe Alzheimer’s may be a form of brain diabetes. Insulin and insulin receptors in your brain are crucial for learning and memory, and it’s known that these components are lower in people with Alzheimer’s disease.
In addition to the above findings, cinnamon has also been found to have beneficial effects on blood glucose management in type 2 diabetics. This is one of the reasons I include cinnamon in my healthy coconut candy recipe.
B Vitamins Again Show Promise in Alzheimer’s Prevention
The other study, published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid may help slow the progression of the disease, confirming and supporting previous studies. As reported in the featured article:
“The fact that B-family vitamins may play a significant role in dementia, or more specifically in warding it off has been consistently illustrated. What is news from the current study, however, is that high-dose B-vitamin treatment in people at risk for the disease ‘slowed shrinkage of whole brain volume,’ and especially reduced shrinkage in areas known to be affected in Alzheimer’s disease.”
The 156 study participants, all of whom were over the age of 70, were diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment. This, along with midlife hypertension, midlife obesity and diabetes, is a known risk factor for Alzheimer’s. One group of participants received a placebo while the other received high-dose B-vitamin treatment consisting of:
- 0.8 mg folic acid
- 20 mg vitamin B6
- 0.5 mg vitamin B12
It is important to note that vitamin B12 comes in many forms and it is typically injected because it is not absorbed well by most people, especially in the elderly who need it most. This is due to it being one of the largest vitamins known. The most common form is cyanocobalamin but a better from would be methylcobalamin. A better alternative to B12 injections would also be sublingual sprays, which are absorbed very similarly to the injections.
The treatment effectively slowed shrinkage of the whole brain volume over the course of two years. It also reduced, by as much as seven-fold, the cerebral atrophy in certain brain regions that are particularly vulnerable to damage associated with Alzheimer’s disease. Another major boon: The supplements cost less than 50 cents a day and are readily available in pharmacies and health-food stores. In the placebo group, higher homocysteine levels at baseline were associated with faster atrophy in these same regions. According to the researchers:
“We… show that the beneficial effect of B vitamins is confined to participants with high homocysteine… and that, in these participants, a causal Bayesian network analysis indicates the following chain of events: B vitamins lower homocysteine, which directly leads to a decrease in gray matter atrophy, thereby slowing cognitive decline.
Our results show that B-vitamin supplementation can slow the atrophy of specific brain regions that are a key component of the AD process and that are associated with cognitive decline.”
Dr. A. David Smith, professor emeritus of pharmacology at Oxford University, founding director of the Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Ageing, and senior author of the study told Bloomberg News that this B-vitamin treatment is “the first and only disease-modifying treatment that’s worked. We have proved the concept that you can modify the disease.” This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone who understands that without proper nutrition and exercise, your brain will be increasingly vulnerable to damage with age…
Vitamin B Cocktail Already Used for Dementia Prevention in Sweden
Three years ago, the same group of researchers showed that the atrophy rate in patients’ whole brains was reduced by about 30 percent in those taking the vitamin cocktail. The atrophy rate was even higher—53 percent—in those who had elevated homocysteine levels, a benefit that was reconfirmed in the featured study. According to Bloomberg:
“The studies, known as Vitacog, were funded by seven charities and government agencies and vitamin maker Meda AB of Solna, Sweden. Smith is an inventor on three patents held by Oxford University for B vitamin formulations to treat Alzheimer’s disease… Vitamin B12 is found in liver, fish and milk and folic acid in fruit and vegetables. Deficiency of folate and B vitamins is already linked to dementia…
Doctors in Sweden began measuring homocysteine in people who report declining memory about two years ago, said [Johan] Lokk [professor and head physician in the geriatric department at Karolinska University Hospital in Sweden, who wasn’t involved in the study]...
Swedish patients with high homocysteine are given folic acid and B vitamins, even if they aren’t deficient. ‘We think the increased homocysteine level could be deleterious to the brain,’ Lokk said. ‘We wanted to be on the offensive in diagnosing and treating patients. In our opinion, it is harmless and cheap.’”
General Anesthesia Could Increase Risk of Dementia in Elderly by 35 Percent
Related research suggests that being exposed to general anesthesia can increase the risk of dementia in the elderly by as much as 35 percent. The research was presented at the annual congress of the European Society of Anesthesiology (ESA). As reported by Medical News Today:
“Postoperative cognitive dysfunction, or POCD, could be associated with dementia several years later. POCD is a common complication in elderly patients after major surgery. It has been proposed that there is an association between POCD and the development of dementia due to a common pathological mechanism through the amyloid β peptide. Several experimental studies suggest that some anesthetics could promote inflammation of neural tissues leading to POCD and/or Alzheimer’s disease (AD) precursors including β-amyloid plaques and neurofibrillary tangles.”
Participants aged 65 and over were followed for a total of 10 years. Participants exposed to at least one general anesthetic over the follow-up had a 35 percent increased risk of developing a dementia compared to those who were not exposed to anesthesia. According to lead researcher Dr. Francois Sztark:
“These results are in favor of an increased risk for dementia several years after general anesthesia. Recognition of POCD is essential in the perioperative management of elderly patients. A long-term follow-up of these patients should be planned.”
Tips for Avoiding Alzheimer’s Disease
The beauty of following my revised Nutrition Plan is that it helps treat and prevent all chronic degenerative diseases, from the common ones like heart disease, diabetes, obesity and Alzheimer’s to the ones you have never heard of or can’t even pronounce. So please read the Plan as soon as you can. It is divided into three helpful sections, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced to help you start at the right level.
The plan is the first step in addressing Alzheimer’s disease, which is currently at epidemic proportions, with 5.4 million Americans – including one in eight people aged 65 and over – living with the disease.
Remember, while memory loss is indeed common among Westerners, it is NOT a “normal” part of aging, and cognitive changes are by no means inevitable. People who experience very little decline in their cognitive function up until their deaths have been found (post-mortem) to be free of brain lesions, showing that it’s entirely possible to prevent the damage from occurring in the first place… and one of the best ways to do this is by leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Sugar and Fructose. Ideally, you’ll want to keep your sugar levels to a minimum and your total fructose below 25 grams per day, or as low as 15 grams per day if you have insulin resistance or any related disorders.
- Improve magnesium levels. There is some exciting preliminary research strongly suggesting a decrease in Alzheimer symptoms with increased levels of magnesium in the brain. Unfortunately, most magnesium supplements do not pass the blood brain levels, but a new one, magnesium threonate, appears to and holds some promise for the future for treating this condition and may be superior to other forms.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels with safe sun exposure. Strong links between low levels of vitamin D in Alzheimer’s patients and poor outcomes on cognitive tests have been revealed. Researchers believe that optimal vitamin D levels may enhance the amount of important chemicals in your brain and protect brain cells by increasing the effectiveness of the glial cells in nursing damaged neurons back to health. Vitamin D may also exert some of its beneficial effects on Alzheimer’s through its anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. Sufficient vitamin D is imperative for proper functioning of your immune system to combat inflammation that is also associated with Alzheimer’s.
- Keep your fasting insulin levels below 3. This is indirectly related to fructose, as it will clearly lead to insulin resistance. However other sugars (sucrose is 50 percent fructose by weight), grains and lack of exercise are also important factors. Lowering insulin will also help lower leptin levels which is another factor for Alzheimer’s.
- Vitamin B12: In addition to the research presented above, a small Finnish study published in the journal Neurology also found that people who consume foods rich in B12 may reduce their risk of Alzheimer’s in their later years. For each unit increase in the marker of vitamin B12, the risk of developing Alzheimer’s was reduced by two percent. Remember sublingual methylcobalamin may be your best bet here.
- Eat a nutritious diet, rich in folate, such as the one described in my nutrition plan. Vegetables, without question, are your best form of folate, and we should all eat plenty of fresh raw veggies every day. Avoid supplements with folic acid, which is the inferior synthetic version of folate.
- High-quality animal-based omega-3 fats, such as krill oil. (I recommend avoiding most fish because, although fish is naturally high in omega-3, most fish are now severely contaminated with mercury.) High intake of the omega-3 fats EPA and DHA help by preventing cell damage caused by Alzheimer’s disease, thereby slowing down its progression, and lowering your risk of developing the disorder.
- Avoid and eliminate mercury from your body. Dental amalgam fillings, which are 50 percent mercury by weight, are one of the major sources of heavy metal toxicity. However you should be healthy prior to having them removed. Once you have adjusted to following the diet described in my optimized nutrition plan, you can follow the mercury detox protocol and then find a biological dentist to have your amalgams removed.
- Avoid aluminum, such as antiperspirants, non-stick cookware, vaccine adjuvants, etc.
- Exercise regularly. It’s been suggested that exercise can trigger a change in the way the amyloid precursor protein is metabolized, thus, slowing down the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s. Exercise also increases levels of the protein PGC-1alpha. Research has also shown that people with Alzheimer’s have less PGC-1alpha in their brains and cells that contain more of the protein produce less of the toxic amyloid protein associated with Alzheimer’s. I would strongly recommend reviewing the Peak Fitness Technique for my specific recommendations.
- Avoid flu vaccinations as most contain both mercury and aluminum, well-known neurotoxic and immunotoxic agents.
- Eat blueberries. Wild blueberries, which have high anthocyanin and antioxidant content, are known to guard against Alzheimer’s and other neurological diseases. Like any fruit though, avoid excesses here.
- Challenge your mind daily. Mental stimulation, especially learning something new, such as learning to play an instrument or a new language, is associated with a decreased risk of Alzheimer’s. Researchers suspect that mental challenge helps to build up your brain, making it less susceptible to the lesions associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Avoid anticholinergic and statin drugs. Drugs that block acetylcholine, a nervous system neurotransmitter, have been shown to increase your risk of dementia. These drugs include certain nighttime pain relievers, antihistamines, sleep aids, certain antidepressants, medications to control incontinence, and certain narcotic pain relievers. Statin drugs are particularly problematic because they suppress the synthesis of cholesterol, deplete your brain of coenzyme Q10 and neurotransmitter precursors, and prevent adequate delivery of essential fatty acids and fat-soluble antioxidants to your brain by inhibiting the production of the indispensable carrier biomolecule known as low-density lipoprotein.
Other Natural Treatments for Your Anti-Alzheimer’s Arsenal
Finally, there are a few other nutritional recommendations worth noting for their specific benefits in preventing and treating dementia. So, although your fundamental strategy for preventing dementia should involve a comprehensive lifestyle approach, you may want to consider adding a few of these natural dietary agents to your anti-Alzheimer’s arsenal. These four natural foods/supplements have good science behind them, in terms of preventing age-related cognitive changes:
- Coconut Oil: The primary fuel your brain needs for energy is glucose. However, your brain is able to run on more than a single type of fuel, one being ketones (ketone bodies), or ketoacids. Ketones are what your body produces when it converts fat (as opposed to glucose) into energy.
The medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) found in coconut oil are GREAT source of ketone bodies, because coconut oil is about 66 percent MCTs. In fact, ketones appear to be the preferred source of brain food in patients affected by diabetes or Alzheimer’s.
- Astaxanthin is a natural pigment with unique properties and many clinical benefits, including some of the most potent antioxidant activity currently known. As a fat-soluble nutrient, astaxanthin readily crosses your blood-brain barrier. One study found it may help prevent neurodegeneration associated with oxidative stress, as well as make a potent natural “brain food.” The molecules of astaxanthin neutralize free radicals and other oxidants without being destroyed or becoming pro-oxidants themselves in the process. It’s is a unique molecule whose shape allows it to precisely fit into a cell membrane and span its entire width. In this position, astaxanthin can intercept potentially damaging molecules before they can damage your cells. You can get some astaxanthin by taking krill oil, which is a fantastic omega-3 fat supplement. But you can boost your astaxanthin even MORE by adding a pure astaxanthin supplement to your nutritional regimen. For optimal absorption, make sure to take krill oil and/or astaxanthin with a fat-containing meal, since both are fat-soluble.
- Gingko biloba: Many scientific studies have found that Gingko biloba has positive effects for dementia. Gingko, which is derived from a tree native to Asia, has long been used medicinally in China and other countries. A 1997 study from JAMAshowed clear evidence that Gingko improves cognitive performance and social functioning for those suffering from dementia.
Research since then has been equally promising. One study in 2006 found Gingko as effective as the dementia drug Aricept (donepezil) for treating mild to moderate Alzheimer’s type dementia. A 2010 meta-analysis found Gingko biloba to be effective for a variety of types of dementia.
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA): ALA can stabilize cognitive functions among Alzheimer’s patients and may slow the progression of the disease.
Read the full article here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/13/alzheimers-dementia-treatment.aspx
Is cholesterol good or bad? Click here
Watch the full Statin Nation documentary on Dr. Mercola’s site here.
By Dr. Mercola
There’s serious confusion about cholesterol; whether high cholesterol levels are responsible for heart disease, and whether statins — which are cholesterol drugs— are really the appropriate solution to reduce heart disease risk.
The documentary above, Statin Nation — The Great Cholesterol Cover-Up, sheds much needed light on this topic.
As noted in the film, heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide, the most common form of which is coronary heart disease (CHD). CHD affects the blood vessels supplying blood to your heart, causing them to narrow, thereby restricting the amount of oxygen supplied to your heart.
The conventional view is that high cholesterol is a major risk factor for this condition — even children “know” that cholesterol forms plaque and is bad for your heart.
The focus on cholesterol has created an enormous market for statins; drugs that act by blocking the enzyme in your liver that is responsible for making cholesterol.
Statins are now among the most widely prescribed drugs on the market, and are the number one profit-maker for the pharmaceutical industry, largely due to relentless and highly successful direct-to-consumer advertising campaigns.
Meanwhile, as of 2010, there were no less than 900 studies proving their adverse effects, which run the gamut from muscle problems to increased cancer risk! Besides the fact that statins are dangerous to your health, they also do not reduce your risk for heart disease, because high cholesterol does NOT increase heart disease risk…
Where Did the High Cholesterol-Heart Disease Myth Originate?
The idea that high cholesterol causes heart disease can be traced back to Rudolph Virchow (1821-1902), a German pathologist who found thickening in the arteries in people he autopsied, which he ascribed to a collection of cholesterol.
Later, Ancel Keys (1904-2004), a well-known physiologist, published his seminal paper known as the “Seven Countries Study1,” which served as the basis for nearly all of the initial scientific support for the Cholesterol Theory.
The study linked the consumption of saturated fat to coronary heart disease. However, what many don’t know is that Keys selectively analyzed information from only seven countries to prove his correlation, rather than comparing all the data available at the time — from 22 countries.
As you might suspect, the studies he excluded were those that did not fit with his hypothesis, namely those that showed a low percentage fat in their diet and a high incidence of death from CHD as well as those with a high-fat diet and low incidence of CHD. When all 22 countries are analyzed, no correlation at all can be found.
And that is what mounting research now confirms. There really is NO correlation between high cholesterol and plaque formation that leads to heart disease.
Why Do You Need Cholesterol?
Missing from the cholesterol-CHD hypothesis is the holistic understanding of how cholesterol operates inside your body, and why arterial plaques form in the first place, which is clearly described in the film. Cholesterol is actually a critical part of your body’s foundational building materials and is absolutely essential for optimal health. It’s so important that your body produces it both in your liver and in your brain.
There’s no doubt that your body needs cholesterol. In fact, we now have evidence showing that cholesterol deficiency has a detrimental impact on virtually every aspect of your health. One of the primary reasons is because cholesterol plays a critical role within your cell membranes.
Your body is composed of trillions of cells that need to interact with each other and cholesterol is one of the molecules that allow for these interactions to take place. For example, cholesterol is the precursor to bile acids, so without sufficient amounts of cholesterol, your digestive system can be adversely affected.
Cholesterol also plays an essential role in your brain, which contains about 25 percent of the cholesterol in your body. It is critical for synapse formation, i.e. the connections between your neurons, which allow you to think, learn new things, and form memories. In fact, there’s reason to believe that low-fat diets and/or cholesterol-lowering drugs may cause or contribute to Alzheimer’s disease. Low cholesterol levels have also been linked to violent behavior, due to adverse changes in brain chemistry.
Furthermore, you need cholesterol to produce steroid hormones, including your sex hormones. Vitamin D is also synthesized from a close relative of cholesterol: 7-dehydrocholesterol.
To further reinforce the importance of cholesterol, I want to remind you of the work of Dr. Stephanie Seneff, who works with the Weston A. Price Foundation. One of her theories is that cholesterol combines with sulfur to form cholesterol sulfate, and that this cholesterol sulfate helps thin your blood by serving as a reservoir for the electron donations you receive when walking barefoot on the earth (also called grounding). She believes that, via this blood-thinning mechanism, cholesterol sulfate may provide natural protection against heart disease. In fact, she goes so far as to hypothesize that heart disease is likely the result of cholesterol deficiency — which of course is the complete opposite of the conventional view.
Identifying Risk Factors for Heart Disease
As mentioned in the film, if you want to understand what causes heart disease, you have to look at what causes damage to your artery walls, interferes in disease processes, and causes blood clotting. When the endothelial wall is damaged, repair mechanisms are set into motion, creating a “scab.” To prevent this scab from dislodging, the endothelial wall grows over it, causing the area to become thickened. This is what is called atherosclerosis. There’s no fat (cholesterol) “clogging the pipe” at all; rather the arterial wall is thickened as a result of your body’s natural repair process. So what causes damage to your arteries?
One of the primary culprits is sugar and fructose in particular. So eating a high sugar diet is a sure-fire way to put heart disease on your list of potential health problems. Meanwhile, total cholesterol will tell you virtually nothing about your disease risk, unless it’s exceptionally elevated (above 330 or so, which would be suggestive of familial hypercholesterolemia, which, in my view, would be about the only time a cholesterol-reducing drug would be appropriate).
Two ratios that are far better indicators of heart disease risk are:
- Your HDL/total cholesterol ratio: HDL percentage is a very potent heart disease risk factor. Just divide your HDL level by your total cholesterol. This percentage should ideally be above 24 percent. Below 10 percent, it’s a significant indicator of risk for heart disease
- Your triglyceride/HDL ratios: This ratio should ideally be below 2
Additional risk factors for heart disease include:
- Your fasting insulin level: Any meal or snack high in carbohydrates like fructose and refined grains generates a rapid rise in blood glucose and then insulin to compensate for the rise in blood sugar. The insulin released from eating too many carbs promotes fat and makes it more difficult for your body to shed excess weight, and excess fat, particularly around your belly, is one of the major contributors to heart disease
- Your fasting blood sugar level: Studies have shown that people with a fasting blood sugar level of 100-125 mg/dl had a nearly 300 percent increase higher risk of having coronary heart disease than people with a level below 79 mg/dl
- Your iron level: Iron can be a very potent oxidative stress, so if you have excess iron levels you can damage your blood vessels and increase your risk of heart disease. Ideally, you should monitor your ferritin levels and make sure they are not much above 80 ng/ml. The simplest way to lower them if they are elevated is to donate your blood. If that is not possible you can have a therapeutic phlebotomy and that will effectively eliminate the excess iron from your body
Statin Drugs Place Millions of Americans at Risk of Serious Health Problems
It’s important to note that statins are classified as a “pregnancy Category X medication” meaning, it causes serious birth defects, and should NEVER be used by a woman who is pregnant or planning a pregnancy. If it is prescribed it is simply gross negligence and malpractice as many doctors are ignorant of this important piece of information as it is relatively recently identified.
Statins have also been shown to increase your risk of diabetes, via a number of different mechanisms. The most important one is that they increase insulin resistance, which can be extremely harmful to your health. Increased insulin resistance contributes to chronic inflammation in your body, and inflammation is the hallmark of most diseases. In fact, increased insulin resistance can lead to heart disease, which, ironically, is the primary reason for taking a cholesterol-reducing drug in the first place. It can also promote belly fat, high blood pressure, heart attacks, chronic fatigue, thyroid disruption, and diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and cancer.
Secondly, statins increase your diabetes risk by actually raising your blood sugar. When you eat a meal that contains starches and sugar, some of the excess sugar goes to your liver, which then stores it away as cholesterol and triglycerides. Statins work by preventing your liver from making cholesterol. As a result, your liver returns the sugar to your bloodstream, which raises your blood sugar levels.
Drug-induced diabetes and genuine type 2 diabetes are not necessarily identical. If you’re on a statin drug and find that your blood glucose is elevated, it’s possible that what you have is just hyperglycemia — a side effect, and the result of your medication. Unfortunately, many doctors will at that point mistakenly diagnose you with “type 2 diabetes,” and possibly prescribeanother drug, when all you may need to do is simply discontinue the statin in order for your blood glucose levels to revert back to normal.
Statin drugs also interfere with other biological functions. Of utmost importance, statins deplete your body of CoQ10, which accounts for many of its devastating results. Therefore, if you take a statin, you MUST take supplemental CoQ10, or better, the reduced form called ubiquinol. A recent study in the European Journal of Pharmacology2showed that ubiquinol effectively rescued cells from the damage caused by the statin drug simvastatin, thereby protecting muscle cells from myopathies. Another study3 evaluated the benefits of CoQ10 and selenium supplementation for patients with statin-associated myopathy. Compared to those given a placebo, the treatment group experienced significantly less pain, decreased muscle weakness and cramps, and less fatigue.
Statins also interfere with the mevalonate pathway, which is the central pathway for the steroid management in your body.
How to Optimize Your Cholesterol Levels Naturally
The most effective way to optimize your cholesterol profile and prevent heart disease is via diet and exercise. Remember that 75 percent of your cholesterol is produced by your liver, which is influenced by your insulin levels. Therefore, if you optimize your insulin level, you will automatically optimize your cholesterol and reduce your risk of both diabetes and heart disease.
There is NO drug to cure heart disease, as the underlying cause is insulin resistance and arterial wall damage — both of which are caused by eating too many sugars, grains, and especially fructose. So, my primary recommendations for safely regulating your cholesterol and reducing your risk of heart disease include:
- Reduce, with the plan of eliminating grains and fructose from your diet. This is one of the best ways to optimize your insulin levels, which will have a positive effect on not just your cholesterol, but also reduces your risk of diabetes and heart disease, and most other chronic diseases. Use my Nutrition Plan to help you determine the ideal diet for you, and consume a good portion of your food raw.
- Get plenty of high-quality, animal-based omega 3 fats, such as krill oil, and reduce your consumption of damaged omega-6 fats (trans fats, vegetable oils) to balance out your omega-3 to omega-6 ratio.
- Include heart-healthy foods in your diet, such as olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, organic raw dairy products and eggs, avocados, raw nuts and seeds, and organic grass-fed meats.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels by getting proper sun exposure or using a safe tanning bed.
- Optimize your gut flora, as recent research suggests the bacterial balance in your intestines may play a role in your susceptibility to heart disease as well
- Exercise daily. Make sure you incorporate Peak Fitness exercises, which also optimizes your human growth hormone (HGH) production.
- Walk barefoot to ground yourself to the earth. Lack of grounding has a lot to do with the rise of modern diseases as it affects inflammatory processes in your body. Grounding thins your blood, making it less viscous. Virtually every aspect of cardiovascular disease has been correlated with elevated blood viscosity. When you ground to the earth, your zeta potential quickly rises, which means your red blood cells have more charge on their surface, which forces them apart from each other. This action causes your blood to thin and flow easier. By repelling each other, your red blood cells are also less inclined to stick together and form a clot.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol excessively.
- Be sure to get plenty of good, restorative sleep.
Ninety-Nine Out of 100 People Do Not Need Statin Drugs
The odds are very high — greater than 100 to 1 — that if you’re taking a statin, you don’t really need it. From my review, the ONLY subgroup that might benefit are those born with a genetic defect called familial hypercholesterolemia, as this makes them resistant to traditional measures of normalizing cholesterol.
Remember, your body NEEDS cholesterol for the production of cell membranes, hormones, vitamin D and bile acids that help you to digest fat. Cholesterol also helps your brain form memories and is vital to your neurological function. There is also strong evidence that having too little cholesterol INCREASES your risk for cancer, memory loss, Parkinson’s disease, hormonal imbalances, stroke, depression, suicide, and violent behavior.
Statins really have nothing to do with reducing your heart disease risk. In fact, this class of drugs can increase your heart disease risk — especially if you do not take Ubiquinol (CoQ10) along with it to mitigate the depletion of CoQ10 caused by the drug.
Knowing that high cholesterol is NOT the cause of heart disease finally frees you to take a serious look at what does cause this potentially lethal condition. And as described above, poor lifestyle choices are primarily to blame, such as too much sugar, too little exercise, lack of sun exposure and never grounding to the earth. These are all things that are within your control, and don’t cost much (if any) money to address.
Read the full article here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/05/11/statin-nation.aspx
Meet BODYKEY by NUTRILITE
The BODYKEY by NUTRILITE™ program provides you with a personalized path to work toward weight loss for life. Your unique genetic makeup helps you find the plan that works best for you. It’s a program that is:
- Personalized with plans based on your genes.
- Effective with high-quality products backed by the NUTRILITE® brand. NUTRILITE is the world’s No. 1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand.*
- Guaranteed by the Amway 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Learn more about BODYKEY by NUTRILITE.
- Get started….here!
One of the most frequently confused sets of symptoms for abdominal pain is those that originate in the liver; liver pain is one of the more serious developments that can occur, since it indicates possibly a great deal more than just stomach trouble. The liver is a vital organ. It detoxifies the system, stores glycogen and produces the hormones necessary for life and continued health. Its found on the right side of the body; if one could see the body in a cut – away, it would appear as a reddish brown, triangular sack to the right of the abdominal cavity, below the diaphragm.
RECOMMENDED DETOX PRODUCTS:
The average liver weighs a little over 1 and one – half kilos, making it the largest organ with a glandular function in the human body. As it is one of the most important organs in the body, one can safely assume that if there is liver pain, it should be attended to at once; therefore, knowing the location of the liver is essential to locating the source of pain. If there are genuine liver pain symptoms, they should occur beneath the rib cage.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES:
The symptoms of pain in the liver are similar to those in the stomach; they are first experienced as a dull ache, located in the upper portion of the abdomen. There may be back pain as well, or there may be a separate abdominal pain; both of these symptoms are a warning that liver pain is present, and should be treated. If the pain is more sharp than dull, it may be a much graver situation, and medical attention is indicated as soon as possible.
There may be an uncomfortable itch, a skin rash, or even the development of spots on the skin (not liver spots, as those are indicative of age rather than disease). There may even be blemishes, usually slightly brown in color, or a yellowish discoloration of the epidermal surfaces.
The eyes, because the livers ability to detoxify may be compromised, may begin to itch, and they may develop dark circles. Because the toxins are building up in the system if the liver is not functioning properly, one may develop an unpleasant body odor, made worse by heightened perspiration. Bad breath and a pronounced foot odor may develop as well, and palms and soles of the feet may become red and inflamed; all these are symptomatic of a possibly serious condition.
The situation is infinitely more serious if there is a high fever, vomiting (especially blood), severe pain in the liver and possible hallucinations; these are a ticket to the emergency room, as quickly as possible. One should also visit the emergency room for swollen testes, bloating (especially abdominal), unexplained loss of weight, discolored or pale urine or stools, pain that manifests when a patients coughs or inhales, and difficulty breathing.
What are liver pain causes? The most common answer is hepatitis, a serious condition that causes jaundice, the yellowing quality that appears in the skin; this condition should be treated immediately, as Hepatitis A, B and C are all highly infectious and usually produce lasting and severe damage. Fatty liver, a condition wherein the liver acquires excess fat cells, is a less serious disease but one that will need medical attention as soon as possible also.
There may even be a liver dysfunction, such as cirrhosis or enlargement, which often occurs if the individual has had a large consumption rate for alcohol, particularly over a long period of time. The most severe symptoms of those listed above may be an indication of liver cancer, obviously a condition that admits of no delay in diagnosis and treatment, which need to be as early as possible.
One should pay attention to the symptoms of liver pain; they can be a lifesaving warning.
Is your liver overworked? Fatty foods, alcohol and tobacco can all stress your liver and make its job much harder. So can common painkillers. Why not lighten its load before it lets you know it’s had enough?
NUTRILITE® Milk Thistle and Dandelion
- Contains silymarin, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the liver
- Stress factors that impact healthy liver function include: hydrogenated fats; heavy consumption of alcohol and/or coffee; smoking tobacco; various kinds of air pollution; prescription drugs, including oral contraceptives and certain anti-inflammatory drugs; acetaminophen, a popular pain reliever; and exposure to pesticides and heavy metals
- Flavonoids from milk thistle seeds have been shown to protect the outer membranes of liver cells
- Also contains turmeric, NUTRILITE Acerola Concentrate and Lemon Bioflavonoid concentrate with phytonutrients
L-arginine Benefits Amino Acid Powder for Men
Men are supposed to be among other things, physically strong. One of the most disturbing things that can accost any man, is the inability to function sexually. It is estimated that over 31 percent of men are affected by this condition. It is manifested through what is broadly known as erectile dysfunction or impotence. The good news is that you can take control of it and regain libido. Our bodies require amino acids in order to metabolize proteins. In total, you need twenty of them. Your body is only able to provide 10 out of the 20. This means that the balance must come from the food you eat.
L-arginine is one of those crucial amino acids whose lack can cause you to have impotence problems. L-arginine benefits not only men. Women too suffer from low libido. However, that is a subject for another day. Why is L-arginine so important to men? It is the originator of Nitric Oxide or NO. This element is important in the process of blood circulation. In the event of low circulation of blood, a man would not be able to have an erection. That is where problems in manhood stem from. L-arginine improves the flow of blood to the male sexual organ enabling it to attain the ideal size for sexual activity.
Other reported L-arginine benefits include increased sexual desire, endurance and satisfaction. If your body is found to be deficient of this important amino acid, you can supplement it. The supplement is found in powder form. There is scientific proof that supplements containing L-arginine have led to improved fertility especially in men with a low sperm count. In a certain test, one scientific journal reported that out of 29 men who were put on L-arginine for a period of 6 weeks, 9 of them had recorded substantial sexual improvement. When the trials started, the nine had low levels of nitric oxide. At the time of winding up the study, they had registered double the amount of NO (nitric oxide).
However, you should know that there are other factors that cause erectile dysfunction. These are diabetes and advancement of age. L-arginine benefits men whose impotence results from their bodies not secreting enough nitric oxide. This amino acid supplement will ensure that your body is able to produce sufficient nitric acid and make you feel like a man again. There are other benefits of this supplement. Of course we had to start with male performance as that is one of the marks of a true man. Other roles played by the powder supplement include improving your body’s immune system, regulating blood pressure, increasing your muscles as well as the speed at which your wounds heal.
But there is more. It is reported that as much as 80 Million Americans have cardiovascular disease. That is 1 out of 3 adults. In recent years, cardiovascular risk in women has been increasing and has killed more women than breast cancer. L-Arginine converts to Nitric Oxide in the body which may possibly help in the fight against heart disease and stroke and high blood plressure
Other benefits are as listed below:
- Improves circulation of blood
- Improves bone formation
- Reduces body fat
- Improves production of sperms
- Reduces possibility of your blood clotting
- Lowers your chances of getting a stroke
- Can help you recover after a heart attack
- Minimizes the risk of cancer by hindering the growth of tumors
If you are keen on increasing your sexual ability, perform satisfactorily and improve your health, this is an ideal supplement. It is safe and natural in comparison to Viagra. In terms of cost, L-arginine is relatively cheaper. You can find out more about the scientific tests by reading different scientific journals that have been published online. Above everything, you now have an opportunity of getting back to your youthful self. This is important towards the sustenance and enjoyment of relationships such as marriage where sexual activity plays a big role. Talk to your doctor about this. All supplements should be taken under the instructions provided.
Hair Therapy for Thinning Hair – Laser Procedures vs Shampoos
Thinning hair can occur for various reasons among both men and women. While losing hair over a period of time is regarded as normal, excessive hair loss is a problem that needs to be addressed. A number of people notice that their hair thins as they grow older or genetic factors may be involved. Hair therapy for thinning hair is an effective way of helping to slow down hair loss and restore lost hair.
Thinning hair can be a source of frustration and distress for most people. The reality is that more and more people are facing the challenge of losing their hair in various parts of their scalps. This is why many people seek a solution that will not subject them to harsh or painful treatments. Hair therapy is available for the purpose of keeping hair in good condition and preventing the thinning process from taking place.
People can choose between laser procedures and shampoos as solutions for their thinning hair concerns. As people grow older, it is normal for them to experience some level of hair thinning. In cases where the hair loss causes bald patches, it becomes necessary to find a way to deal with the problem. Hair thinning can be a result of genetic factors, autoimmunity, and subjecting the hair to harsh treatments over a period of time. Hair can also be lost as a result of certain reactions to medication, stress, and poor diet.
Since most people lack the patience that it takes for hair to grow, treatments in the form of laser procedures and shampoos can be considered. When hair thins naturally, shampoo treatments can be used by applying them to the scalp so as to stimulate the follicles and cause hair to grow and fill out the bald spots. Another option that is worth considering is laser procedures that are typically used to promote hair growth and effectively treat thinning hair.
Hair therapy for thinning hair can be undertaken through non-surgical laser procedures to treat hair loss. When laser therapy is used as regularly as required it causes the roots of the hair to become stronger and regenerates them. This goes a long way towards halting the hair loss process. It is important to start the treatment as soon as possible before the damage to the roots occurs. Laser procedures efficiently cause hair to grow once again and become fuller as well as easier to manage.
Treatment causes blood to reach the scalp more efficiently and hair follicles are stimulated. People can rely on noninvasive treatments such as shampoos and laser therapy to prevent the effects of hair loss. The results of laser treatment are typically visible as soon as treatment begins. With shampoos, the results may take longer and one will need to exercise more patience and apply the product regularly.
The purpose of hair therapy for thinning hair is to enhance the volume of hair and improve the hair shaft. This serves to make the hair stronger and stop further hair loss from happening. People who struggle with baldness and those who experience thinning hair can all try out hair therapy for thinning hair and look forward to excellent results.
Noninvasive hair replacement therapy is ideal for people who are unhappy with their hair loss. This ensures that one is able to achieve fuller healthier hair without having to undergo a surgical procedure. Treatments last for varying periods of time depending on the extent of hair loss or thinning. The therapy needs to be maintained so that the hair can improve and remain healthy for many years to come.
SmartGuy is a local search and advertising company.
- We assist local consumers make more informed decisions about local products and services.
- We create small business referral networks of up to 1,200 non-competing professionals divided by zip code.
- We unite communities and contribute to their overall synergy.
New members who enroll for mobile service by October 31st will receive their first month of mobile service for free, a savings of $49. If they bring their own phone, their SIM card is free, a savings of $29. For BYOP members, that’s a total saving of $78.
- And if they enroll 3 new members for mobile service by October 31st, they will receive a second month of mobile service for free.
If you are a current member and you enroll 3 new members for mobile service by October 31st, you will receive a month of mobile service for free.
Have you ever felt a lack of motivation in building your business? A “Why the heck am I doing all this work for?”
It hits everyone from time to time (including me), and what I like to do is get a quick “refresh” on why I’m an entrepreneur.
Ali Brown has this new video (which is honestly amazing, by the way) sharing fascinating stats and insights on why it’s women’s time to Thrive… and in it she gives a quick little EXERCISE that I found pretty powerful.
You can access it here right now: https://alibrown.infusionsoft.com/go/thrive/greenwayz/
What she shares will help you connect back to your WHY.
Meaning, why you decided to make this leap and begin this new chapter in your life in the first place. Remember? Hmmm… oh yeah, that’s right! The WHY.
Go here now and check it out. https://alibrown.infusionsoft.com/go/thrive/greenwayz/
Tip: The exercise is in the first 4 minutes. But I guarantee you won’t be able to stop watching… she shares some pretty profound stuff.
Definitely worth your time.
And you DON’T want to wait on this, because this video won’t be up and free for long.
P.S. In the video, Ali also shares a study that is honestly a bit heartbreaking. You really need to know this information. But what I love is she then gives you SOLUTIONS you can implement IMMEDIATELY to boost your income and live your best life. Watch and see what I mean here: https://alibrown.infusionsoft.com/go/thrive/greenwayz/
What are you doing to improve your health? I watch Dr. Oz #1 rated health and wellness show and I take the number one best selling NUTRILITE supplements.What are you doing for your health and your family’s health? http://www.amway.com/georgegreen
Posted: 29 Aug 2012 11:57 AM PDT
Since then, NUTRILITE has become the world’s No. 1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand, and is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest and process plants on its own certified organic farms.
Today, Carl’s son Sam Rehnborg, Ph.D., and George Calvert, Ph.D., Amway Vice President of Research and Development and Supply Chain, were in a field in Quincy, Washington, to celebrate yet another milestone for the company.
Amway broke ground on a $38 million botanical concentrate manufacturing facility that will process plants from the company’s nearby Trout Lake Farm operations. Trout Lake is the largest certified organic herb farm in North America.
The Quincy project is part of a $185 million manufacturing expansion we announced earlier this year to meet growing global demand for NUTRILITE products. Amway had sales of $4.7 billion for its nutritional products for 2011.
Everyone will not have wash board abs but we all can improve what we do have. These are five exercises to help you get going!
The lower part of belly is the most common part people are fed up with and want to change.Often, when you have changed every muscle in your body, lower abs won’t cooperate. This is because there are not many exercises known that focus on that stub born part of abdomen. So Here on I Pack Six Pack we will show you which exercises to do and how to do them, Enjoy!
1. Double Leg Lifts: Lie down on your back, with your hands placed under your butt, with the palms facing the floor. Then, contracting your lower abdominal muscles, and tightening the muscles of your legs, lift them straight up vertically, and hold them there for a few seconds. Then lower them down until they are a few inches off the floor, and hold it there again for a few seconds. Repeat 5-8 times to begin with. Later, as you feel your abs getting stronger, increase the reps to 15-20 times. Then, as you get even stronger, you can lift your head and shoulders off the floor while performing the leg lifts.
2. Alternating Leg Walks: Begin by lying on your back, placing your hands under your butt, and take a few deep breaths. Then, contract the lower ab muscles and lift your right leg up slowly, until it is 90 degrees to your body. Then, equally slowly, lower it back down, until it is a few inches off the floor, while simultaneously raising your left leg. Keep lifting your legs alternatively about 8-10 times to begin with. Later, as your abs become stronger, you can increase the count to 15-20 times. And, as in the previous one, lift your head and shoulders off the floor while performing the exercise.
3. Double Leg Reverse Crunches: Lie down on your back, with your hands under your butt. Lift both your legs up until they are in a vertical position. Now bend your legs at the knees, so that the lower part is parallel to the floor. Then, contracting your lower abs, and maintaining your bent knees, gradually lower your legs until the soles of your feet are just a couple of inches off the floor. Keep your abs contracted and hold this position for a few seconds. Then increasing the contraction in your abs, lift your knees up again, bringing them towards your chest. This is a somewhat challenging exercise, so begin by doing just 3-5 reps. Later, as you feel yourself getting stronger, increase the reps gradually, until you can do 15-20 reps.
4. Scissors: Lying on your back, with your hands under your butt, contract your lower abs and tighten your leg muscles and lift both your legs up, until they are about two feet off the floor. Now, without bending the knees, get your right leg across your left leg, so that both legs are crossed. Then open your legs out, and close them again, reversing the positions of the legs. Keep repeating this scissoring action, keeping your lower abs contracted, about 8-10 times, to start with. Then, increase that to 15-20 reps as you get stronger.
5. Double Leg Circles: Lie down on your back, with your hands under your butt. Then, contracting your lower abs, lift both legs a few inches off the floor. Now, rotate both legs together in circles. Make 5 circles in a clockwise direction. Then lower the legs to the floor, and relax for a few seconds. Then repeat the exercise with 5 anticlockwise circles. You can increase the number of circles to 10-15 as you get stronger.
Also keep in mind to do these exercises slowly to keep them effective.
7 Easy Ways To Fat Burning Fast
Are you ready to fire up your fat burning capabilities? The basics of metabolism has everything to do with fat burning.
Whether you are trying to lose a few extra pounds, or building a sculpted body, you will need every available technique in your arsenal when you begin to fight FAT. If you are only using one or two tactics you may get there eventually, but you will have a long uphill battle.
Are you ready to fire up your fat burning capabilities? The basics of metabolism has everything to do with fat burning. It is the biochemical processes that take place in the body; the breakdown of nutrients in the blood after digestion, resulting in growth of new tissue, more energy, and the release of wastes.
You have billions of cells- nerve cells, muscle cells, fat cells, blood cells, and all kinds of cells. These cells burn up a lot of energy as they get their job done in a well metabolized body, but a person whose metabolism runs slow, a lot of excess fat will be stored because not enough energy is burned up. The good news is that the metabolism furnace can be turned up substantially. There are several things which affect the metabolism such as exercise, the digestion of foods, body temperature, and hormone activity. Here are seven of the easiest ways to burn fat faster. You can go to www.best-fatburner.net and get all your fat burning supplements and weight loss products.
1. The food you eat. There are several foods that actually burn fat faster than others. Spices is one food that can help you burn more calories by triggering a thermodynamic burn that can last several hours after eating.
2. The time you eat. The best time to eat the largest portion of the foods you eat for the day is before two o’clock. Make sure you never skip a meal, especially breakfast. The process of eating actually starts your burner blasting. Do not skip breakfast, and wait until mid-day to eat because if you do your metabolism will run slower all day. That means you are burning less fat, which is not what you are aiming for. You want to burn fat faster, not slower.
3. The amount of food. If you deprive yourself of food, your body goes into a survival mode and slows itself down to prepare for a possible famine. That means that fad diets are definitely out if you want to burn fat faster. But on the other hand, if you eat more calories than your body uses throughout the day, these additional calories will be stored as fat. Therefore, the secret is moderation. Try eating three small meals and two small snacks daily. It’s like throwing another log on the fire whenever you eat, but remember- small amounts of food at a time. If you have too much food in the stomach at any one time, it will slow the fat burn down, totally defeating the purpose.
4. To prevent build up of fat you need to increase your daily activities. The muscles are where all the calories are burned during exercise, and the more efficient the muscles are at burning fat – the quicker weight loss can be achieved. To be an efficient fat burner you need to increase your muscle mass. The timing and various types of exercise also contribute to a turbo metabolism. When you perform any kind of activity your body burns fat and glucose. The good thing is that you do not need to exercise hard to burn fat. It’s a good habit to begin exercising every morning. Do as much as you can until you reach an entire hour each day, five or six days a week.
5. Do your strength training before doing any cardiovascular work. It takes the body about 15 minutes to warm up and start burning fat. For example, if you are jogging for 45 minutes, you will only be burning fat for the last 30 minutes of your workout. Instead, try lifting weights for the first 15 minutes, which gives your body the time it needs to warm up. By the time you hit the road, you will be burning fat during the entire jogging session. PLUS – you will have built muscle too!
6. Do not do the exact same workout every day. Your body will start to get used to that exercise, and eventually it will stop burning fat calories. So if you jog one day, try a different activity the next day. Keep rotating the exercises, that way your body will stay at an optimal fat burning state. The best way to burn fat is to work out as hard as you can for as long as you can. But if you are just beginning a program, try varying the intensity from fast, to normal, to fast, to normal. This will help to build endurance, and eventually, you will be able to extend the high intensity periods until your entire workout is done at an ultimate fat burning speed. The fat burning equation is simple. The more muscle tone you have, the more calories you will burn even when you are not active. Go to www.best-fatburner.net for a good fat burning supplement to use during your workouts.
7. Inhaling and exhaling through your nose, rather than your mouth also helps to stabilize your heart rate, and increase your endurance. Of course you know this means turbo charged fat burning.
With these seven tips, you should be well on your way to burning fat at an optimal level. If you stick with these techniques, and make them a part of your day – your body will amaze you in a few weeks. http://www.amway.com/georgegreen has all your supplement, fat burning, and weight loss needs at affordable prices.
espring water system.Clean and safe Water,click NOW! Want an easy way to be good to your body? Stay hydrated by guzzling down more water throughout the day. Water has zero calories, so it doesn’t add to your waistline. Plus, it aids in just about every bodily function, including fat burning and energy production.
Unfortunately, the water that comes out of your tap may not be free of flaws. Water authorities do not yet regulate many endocrine-disrupting chemicals, and conventional water-treatment methods weren’t designed to remove them. Studies have found trace amounts of pesticides, pharmaceuticals, and other substances in municipal water supplies.
Don’t be worried thirsty, though. You can get clean water by using water filters religiously. First, go toEPA’s Web siteto learn about your local water quality and the substances you’re dealing with. Then, consider the following three types of filters. Each has its pros and cons, but combining two kinds of filters should get good results.
Reverse-osmosis unit:Using a semipermeable membrane (which allows some molecules to pass through but not others), this type of filter removes particles and molecules of dissolved contaminants. Reverse osmosis can remove heavy metals, bacteria, and viruses, and it may remove some pharmaceuticals. However, it isn’t effective for removing pesticides.
Distillation unit:This type of filtration system brings water to a boil, then collects the steam and condenses it back into water, leaving impurities (which need higher temperatures to boil) behind. Distillers can remove heavy metals, bacteria, and viruses, but they can’t remove pesticides or pharmaceuticals.
Activated carbon filter: This type is the easiest to find and use. It’s available in faucet-mounted models, under-the-sink units, and pitchers. Water flows through a carbon filter that attracts and traps many impurities. The types of contaminants filtered vary by brand, but all activated carbon filters remove chlorine, improve taste, and reduce sediment. Most remove heavy metals and disinfection by-products, and some remove parasites, pesticides, radon, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Need a great shampoo for cleansing swimmers hair? Satinique is the best. I know because I have been using this product for years on my clients hair. Get this great special now before July 30 http://amway.com/georgegreen register for free and shop.
Salt is an essential dietary nutrient. Without it, life itself would not be possible since all living things utilize salt. Even the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates (450 BC), known as the father of medicine, recognized the healing potential of salt.
However, there is a major difference between refined table salt and unrefined salt, which is important to understand if you want to take advantage of the many ways salt can improve your health. Salt in its natural form is referred to as “unrefined” salt which has not been altered by man. A few examples of this type of salt include Celtic Sea Salt, Pink Himalayan Salt and Redmond Salt. These types of salt contain over 80 essential minerals and natural elements that are necessary for good health. Unrefined salt is a whole food product that supplies the body with the proper balance of sodium, chloride, minerals, trace elements and moisture, but is should be noted that it is not an appreciable source of iodine.
Common table salt is “refined” salt consisting of a higher amount of sodium and chloride than unrefined salt. The refining process strips the salt of the essential minerals and moisture, making it a lifeless product. Although this will assure a longer shelf life, this salt is exposed to ferrocyanide, ammonium citrate and aluminum silicate, none of which have any positive effects in the body. Refined salt is exposed to high heat (about 1200 degrees Fahrenheit) which alters its natural structure. The salt is also bleached in order to obtain the white color. Iodine is added to the salt to prevent goiter (enlarged thyroid), however, the amount is generally insufficient to prevent thyroid disorders. Refined salt is the type also used in food processing. These two types of salt; unrefined and refined, have nothing in common.
Adding the right type of salt to your diet can help with blood pressure, cholesterol, fatigue, headaches, muscle cramps, stress (adrenal) disorders, thyroid problems and immune system function. It helps with sinus and respiratory health and can promote bone strength and vascular health. In combination with water, it is essential for regulating your blood pressure. Unrefined salt can also help with detoxification of various harmful chemicals from the body including bromine, a toxic element that is increasing in our food supply. Bromine robs the body of iodine, a critical nutrient for the prevention of thyroid disorders and breast cancer. Bromine is found in most commercial bakery products (breads, cookies, cakes), some carbonated drinks (Mountain Dew and Gatorade) and many medications. It is also used as an antibacterial agent for pools and hot tubs as well as a fumigant for termites.
So what about low-salt diets? Conventional medical practitioners commonly recommend low-salt diets for those with high blood pressure. However, there is not much data to support low-salt diets for treating hypertension, especially since most studies did not look at unrefined salt and its impact on blood pressure. In fact, only a small minority of people will see a lower blood pressure from a low-salt diet. Many also experience a drop in energy level as well as hormonal and immune system imbalances on a low-salt diet. It is precisely the minerals contained in unrefined salt that are helpful for regulating water balance and blood pressure, potassium and magnesium in particular. Remember, refined salt is stripped of all these beneficial elements; it is a very toxic substance for our bodies and should not be used.
So be aware of these important differences between unrefined and refined salt and for optimal health, choose only unrefined salts. These will be light gray, pink or off white in color sometimes with specks of different colors, but remember that unrefined salt will never be all white. Sanoviv recommends Redmond Sea Salt, Celtic Sea Salt and Pink Himalayan salt for food, cooking or put a pinch in your pure drinking water for a healthy electrolyte drink.
“The human being must have salt, he cannot be without salt. Where there is no salt, nothing will remain, but everything will rot.” Paracelsus (1493-1541 AD)
Life gives you no excuses. JUST DO IT! Mr. Jessie(SUPERMAN)Smith does it again for the 15th time. Peachtree Road Race Atlanta ,GA July 4, 2012. We salute you Mr. Jessie Smith, Keep on RUNNING!
The Truth About Bottled and Tap Water
Whether you’re a dedicated bottled water drinker or someone who prefers drinking water straight from the tap, there are a few things you should know about the source of your H20. First of all, just because it’s in a bottle does not necessarily mean that the water comes directly from a natural spring or well; it may actually originate from a public water source — that’s right, some bottled waters are just tap water in disguise. There are also a number of different kinds of bottled waters. Here are six of the most common types:
6 Types of Bottled Water
- Purified wateris essentially tap water that has been purified through a distillation, deionization, or reverse-osmosis process. Purified water may also be referred to as demineralized water. Purified water is typically taken from metropolitan water sources, and then put through commercial filters to remove any chlorines, detritus, or other trace elements that should not be in the drinking water.
- Well watercomes from a well that penetrates through the water table. Well water that is bottled for public consumption is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); however, private drinking water wells are not subject to EPA standards.
- Spring wateris sourced from a natural spring, where water flows directly from under the earth’s surface.
- Mineral wateris natural water that comes from a well or spring. It contains dissolved minerals and other trace elements (at least 250 parts per million). While some people believe that mineral water has more health benefits than other types of bottled water, the FDA does not allow a producer to add additional minerals to the water or claim that it provides health benefits.
- Sparkling wateris spring or well water that contains dissolved carbon dioxide, which makes the water naturally carbonated. Producers can replace the carbon dioxide that was lost during processing but cannot add more carbonation to what was naturally in the water.
- Artesian wateris a type of well water that is derived from an aquifer — a water-bearing underground layer of rock or sand.
Bottled Versus Tap
In general, safety standards for bottled water and tap water are the same with a few exceptions. For example, because tap water may become contaminated with lead as it travels through pipes, the government limits the amount of lead in tap water to 15 parts per billion, whereas the limit is set below 5 parts per billion for bottled water. Another major difference is that tap water is often fluoridated, but most bottled waters do not contain fluoride or chlorine. On the other hand, recent studies have suggested that certain plastics used in the containers for bottled water may contain potentially harmful chemicals known as phthalates, including Bisphenol A (BPA). If you’re concerned, you may consider purchasing water that has been bottled in glass or in BPA-free plastic.
The Bottom Line
Most people can safely (and inexpensively!) drink water straight from the tap. If you want to improve the taste of tap water, you can purchase a water-filtration pitcher, which reduces the amount of fluoride and chlorine and removes some unwanted chemicals and minerals in the tap water. And if you’re looking for a convenient way to stay hydrated and protect the earth, give up the disposable plastic containers entirely and treat yourself to a reusable water bottle made of BPA-free polycarbonate or aluminum, which are both environmentally friendly.
We all celebrate
As we mourn the untimely death of great person and a football player, our prayers go out to his family,friends and anyone that loves sports. I have always loved football and enjoyed playing the sport.You never think about the dangers of sports because we LOVE the game. But,when it come to our kids maybe we should think.
I passed a football field just the other day and saw kids in spring training. I remember years ago being in spring training camp. That was cool ,I was a football player and I loved to play. I hope to always have those feelings about sports but we all must be informed.
WE SALUTE YOU BROTHER!
By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, May 5, 1:32 PM
“I said, ‘Repeat the play; Seau loafed,’” Ross said
“He turned on me real fast: ‘What are you talking about?’ I said, ‘You didn’t run to the ball, Junior. What if the ball was tipped? With your speed, you might have gotten an interception.’”
Ross took Seau into his office after practice and showed him film of the play.
“He turned to me and said, ‘That will never happen again.’ It never did.’”
Seau committed suicide Wednesday at age 43, stunning the city of San Diego and the football world.
In the following days, Ross and others fondly remembered their favorite moments with the star linebacker, a homegrown superstar who played 13 of his 20 NFL seasons with the Chargers.
Sort of like football eulogies.
Ross remains the only coach to get the Chargers to the Super Bowl. Seau was the fist-pumping, emotional leader, the proverbial heart and soul of the team who set the tone in practice and in games.
Ross coached Seau for five seasons. No particular game stood out over another.
“He was the exact same every game,” Ross said from his Virginia home. “He was going to play 100 percent.”
Seau led by example and with his words.
Ross recalled that after pregame warmups, he and Seau would walk together up the tunnel to the locker room.
“He’d say, ‘Can I have them for a few minutes, Coach?’ I would say, ‘You sure can.’”
Seau would then exhort his teammates to go out and give a complete effort.
Darren Bennett, who made the transition from Australian Rules Football to star punter, remembers nervously lining up to punt during his first Pro Bowl.
“It’s not funny as Dermontti Dawson goes to snap the ball, Junior and Greg Lloyd were betting who was going to get to the punt returner first,” he said. “Mentally, I’m having a panic attack that not one of these guys was going to block for me. Sure enough, I shank the punt, but Junior was 20 yards down the field and we got penalized. We had to do it again, and I crushed the punt.
“The two wing guys were arguing over $500 — ‘I bet I get to the return man first,’ and Lloyd was yelling back. No one in the stands knows this crazy stuff is going on.’”
Then there was a poor punt during Bennett’s first minicamp with San Diego.
“Junior says, ‘Listen, kangaroo leg, man, you’ve got the biggest leg I’ve ever seen. Let’s get to work.’”
“Then he says, ‘Mate, we’re from the islands together. Australia is the biggest island in the world, mate.’ All of a sudden, Australia was part of Polynesia: ‘We’re all islanders, part of the same deal.’
“It gave me an incredible amount of confidence. If Junior Seau could say it, I could do it.”
Stan Humphries, the only quarterback to get the Chargers to the Super Bowl, thinks back to the 1994 season opener at Denver, which San Diego rallied to win 37-34. John Elway and the Broncos had the ball at the San Diego 3-yard line with less than a minute left.
se feeling about sports but it is important to be aware!
Simple guide to living healthy!
NUTRILITE® Ultimate Bone Health Solution
Build strong bones naturally.
The NUTRILITE Ultimate Bone Health Solution offers a 30-day supply of two premium bone health supplements: OSTEO KEEPER and Cal Mag D. This unique supplement bundle helps increase bone strength and density for overall bone health† and may reduce the risk of osteoporosis by helping you keep what you build.*Need more information, http://tiny.cc/mkq1bw
Living healthy is a choice we make each day with our forks or hands! Do something great today and eat real food.
|Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated Children and Autism: Why no Studies?|
by Vera Sharav Alliance for Human Research Protection The Centers for Disease Control issued an alarming report: 1 in 88 US children are afflicted with autism–an increase of 25% between 2006-2008. On March 29, 2012, the US Centers for Disease Control reported startling evidence: the number of children diagnosed with autism in the United States increased […]
On Earth Day, Kick Off Food Day!
Earth Day is coming up on April 22, and what better way to celebrate your love of healthy, sustainably produced, affordable and fair food—AND your love for the environment—than by celebrating Earth Day and starting up your planning committee for Food Day 2012? Pull together various members of your community, from school representatives to city officials, food producers and workers, to restaurant and business owners, for a meeting to discuss possible Food Day collaborations in your area. Think big, and aim high!
Food Day is proud to announce that, like Earth Day, we have been recognized as an official “Health & Wellness Observance” by the National Wellness Institute. Help us spread the word, and don’t forget to put October 24 on your own calendar, too!
Food Day School Curriculum Webinar
For those in the field of education, you will be especially interested in joining our webinar about the Food Day School Curriculum on April 12 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm ET. The session, hosted by the National Assembly on School-Based Health Care, will feature curriculum authors Isobel Contento and Pamela Koch—both professors at Columbia University—as well as an educator who successfully used the lessons in her classroom last October.
Upcoming Planning Meetings
City- and state-wide planning meetings continue. Coming up this month: Chicago on April 4-5, Minneapolis on April 16, and North Carolina from April 23-27. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
If you would like to be a community coordinator in your area for Food Day and you haven’t already spoken directly with the Food Day team about it, please fill out the coordinator request form and we will be back in touch with you.
Finally, don’t forget to register for CSPI’s National Soda Summit on June 7-8, in Washington D.C., for a chance to hear from Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter, U.S. Representative Rosa DeLauro (CT), a former high-level soft drink industry executive, public health champions Kelly Brownell, Barry Popkin and many others. View a draft agenda and other Summit updates on the Life’s Sweeter website.
Keep up the great work, and celebrate the fruits of the earth this month by Eating Real!
Michael F. Jacobson, Executive Director, CSPI
Lilia Smelkova, Campaign Manager, Food Day
Please hit the share buttons if you like this post! Thanks
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
A healthy diet consists of roughly one omega-3 fatty acid to four omega-6 fatty acids. But the typical American diet tends to contains 1 to 30 more omega 6 fatty acids. Researchers think maybe the cause of the rising rate of heart disease! To improve this balance of omega-3 in your diet consume them in the form of salmon, mackerel or plants like flax-seed oil*find out more click now!
Mr. Jessie (Superman) Wellness Tips
1. For people over 40 that are starting gym workout for the first time,Congratulations! Welcome back to the playground. Always check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Make your doctor apart of your wellness team and he can guide you thru your healthy life style.
http://tiny.cc/mkq1bw for more information
If you like this post hit the share or like button or post your comment!
Ownership means Freedom. I own my life and control my income and time. That Freedom gives me the power of choice, to choose the life and lifestyle I want for me and my family! What does ownership mean to you?
Choose ownership TODAY! http://tiny.cc/tvybbw Your password is, Freedom!
I found this to be worth reading. Rest and sleeping is something most people take for granted.
by Dr. Mercola If you’re struggling with sleep deprivation, you may be tempted to try anything to get some quality sleep.But you may want to think twice before filling a prescription for sleeping pills, as they not only fail to address the underlying reasons why you can’t sleep, but new research shows they’re linked to a […]
This information is great too if you are suffering hair loss or hair thinning. This is a great solution!
Coconut oil is a traditional oil that people in tropical places have used for hundreds of years to condition and maintain healthy hair. Countries like India have entire industries based around coconut oil for hair treatment.
In recent years, coconut oil has been popularly used for natural hair treatment with African hair types. Audrey Sivasothy, a writer on the Yahoo associated content network, has done research on “Black Hair Care” and notes that coconut oil is an excellent choice for a pre-treatment before the hair is shampooed, as well as an excellent sealant on dry hair. She writes: “Many black women suffer from hair porosity issues as a result of our styling choices. Coconut oil’s ability to prevent protein loss and reduce hair porosity makes it a valuable oil for those who chemically relax, regularly heat straighten, or permanently color their hair.” Those in the “natural hair” movement have repeatedly testified to the benefits of switching from harsh chemical treatments to pure coconut oil. Their testimonials in public places like Twitter are very numerous. Sivasothy comments:
Coconut oil is a very unique hair oil. This versatile, low molecular weight oil is able to leverage its traditional oil status to seal the hair, but complements this sealing capacity with a strong affinity for hair proteins not found in other hair oils. Coconut oil benefits black hair in two important ways. First, coconut oil’s hydrophobic oil characteristics allow it to inhibit the penetration of water from the surrounding air and environment. Second, coconut oil is able to bind to the natural protein structure of the hair. This helps the hair retain its natural moisture content and reinforces the hair fiber, making it stronger.1
- A powerful blend of 12 vitamins and 10 minerals, most far exceeding the Daily Value.
- Plus, 20 plant concentrates harvested from certified organic farms provide broad antioxidant protection and unbeatable health benefits.
†This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Heart and cardiovascular health.
- A mix of vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, copper, and selenium help to support your heart.
- DOUBLE X supplement also adds natural plant nutrients, or phytonutrients, from apples, grapes, cranberries, and pomegranates for added heart protection.
Healthy bones and teeth, and calcium absorption.
- Vitamins A and D, calcium, and magnesium support a strong skeletal system.
- Vitamin D helps your body more easily absorb calcium to keep bones strong.
Eye and skin health.
- Vitamin A and lutein, a phytonutrient found in high doses in spinach, support vision health.
- Vitamin A, niacin, and grape extract help bolster the condition of your body’s largest organ – your skin.
A healthy immune system.
- Make sure your body is ready for anything. Vitamins A and C, zinc, selenium, and phytonutrients from citrus fruits help support your immune system.
- Change your health today. Own your health today~~ http://tiny.cc/g4nsk
Phytonutrients are protective substances found in plants that give them their color and give us optimal mutton. We should eat whole fruits and veggies. When we can’t choose Nutrilite for optimal Health. http://tiny.cc/g4nsk *** For more information copy link in browser.
Quit a year!!!
For Amway, 2011 was a year for the record books.
And now, Alticor Inc., the parent company of Amway, has announced sales of USD$10.9 billion for 2011.
There’s no doubt that we’re proud of these achievements. But what really matters to us is that millions of people worldwide are living better lives because of our proven business model, which helps them achieve their goals.
It was quite a year, thanks to more than 3 million Amway distributors supported by our thousands of Amway employees around the world.
http://tiny.cc/51or1 Need more proof? Start now. It’s that simple.***It starts with you! It’s that simple,click now****
Gout May Be Linked to Raised Diabetes Risk: Study
Posted October 6, 2014
By Steven Reinberg
FRIDAY, Oct. 3, 2014 (HealthDay News) — Gout, a form of inflammatory arthritis, appears to increase the risk of type 2 diabetes, especially in women, a new study finds.
Researchers followed more than 35,000 gout sufferers in the United Kingdom and found that women with gout were 71 percent more likely to develop diabetes compared with people without gout. For men, the increased risk was 22 percent.
“Gout seems to be contributing to the risk of diabetes independently of other diabetes risk factors, such as obesity,” said lead researcher Dr. Hyon Choi, from the division of rheumatology, allergy, and immunology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Gout causes intense pain and swelling in single joints, most often the feet, especially the joint at the base of the big toe. More than 3 million Americans suffer from the condition, men more often than women, according to the American College of Rheumatology.
People with gout have excess uric acid in the body, which forms needle-like crystals that lodge in the joints.
Diabetes, characterized by high blood sugar levels, can lead to kidney damage, heart disease and limb amputations over time. Clarifying its relationship to gout “is essential,” the study authors said.
However, while the current research suggests gout raises the risk of diabetes, the study can’t prove it. “The association is clearly there, but why that is so isn’t known,” Choi said.
Choi speculates that ongoing, low-level inflammation from gout may increase the risk for diabetes. Other risk factors shared by both diseases — high cholesterol and high blood pressure, for example — might also increase the risk, he said.
The researchers used data from health records on adult patients from January 1995 to May 2010. They zeroed in on about 35,000 people with newly diagnosed gout and compared them with more than 137,000 people without the condition.
To isolate the relationship between gout and diabetes, the investigators took age, sex and especially weight into account, because obesity is a risk factor for both gout and type 2 diabetes.
The study, published online Oct. 2 in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, found that almost three-quarters of the new cases of gout were among men with an average age of 61. Among women with new cases of gout, the average age was 68.
The odds of developing diabetes alongside gout was much more likely for women, the researchers found. Choi said the absolute risk of a woman with gout developing diabetes is about 5 percent, and for a man it’s about 3 percent.
People with gout tended to drink more alcohol, saw their doctor more often, had more medical problems, and took steroids and diuretics more often than those who did not have gout, the study authors noted.
Treatments for gout are available and are tailored individually.
Choi said the best way to reduce the risk of developing gout or diabetes is to control risk factors, such as blood pressure, cholesterol and weight.
Dr. Spyros Mezitis, an endocrinologist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, said this study may make doctors more aware of the association between gout and diabetes.
“The question for doctors is whether people with gout should be tested for diabetes and people with diabetes tested for gout,” Mezitis said.
“What this study tells us is that if the patient has gout, you have to be thinking that the patient is at increased risk for diabetes,” he said. This may be independent of other factors normally associated with diabetes, such as obesity and high blood pressure, he added.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.